Nonprofit Social Value Assessment
In today’s information and data-rich society, donors are demanding independent proof that an organization’s programs produce reliable social value for participants. Social value data does not just serve donors. Nonprofits receiving independent assessments can determine how to improve their current programming strategy and empower donors to make effective investments in their organization. The Commonwealth Market offers nonprofits social value assessment services with trained analysts utilizing a reliable and tested process to help organizations improve their work.
- An intensive nonprofit assessment focused on social value creation
- Performed at your location by trained Commonwealth Market analysts
- Using the Investment Risk Assessment Protocol developed by David E. K. Hunter, former Director of Evaluation at the Edna McConnell Clark Foundation, which has been tested on numerous nonprofits
- Includes supplemental leadership and financial assessments
- Receive an organizational capacity assessment report with detailed scoring and analysis in multiple categories
- Gain insight into programming strengths and weaknesses
- Develop benchmarks to help with the improvement process
- Receive a social investment report to showcase organizational successes to donors, supplementing current fundraising efforts
Available assessment openings will fill up quickly for summer and fall, so remember to register as soon as possible!
- Review the Assessment Preparation section
- Schedule assessment services by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Commonwealth Market staff member will reach out to your organization to finalize a time frame and other important details
- $300 for the first day of assessment
- $200 for each addtional day; see On-site Time section below to estimate
- Benefits organizations of all sizes and stages of growth
- Typically lasts between 1-3 days depending on the size of the organization and number of programs
- Includes interviews of many organizational staff members and review of key documents
On-site time with Commonwealth Market analysts typically lasts between 1-3 days depending on the size of the organization and number of programs. Analysts will interview separate members of the organization over the assessment time period, so the organization’s day-to-day work should not be affected.
- 1 day for organizations with 10 or less staff members
- 2 days for organizations with 11-25 staff members
- 3 days for organizations with 26-50 staff members
- Organizations with more than 50 staff members are handled on a case-by-case basis